The backstory and ongoing drama of the film, The Insatiable Moon, by screenwriter and producer Mike Riddell. For the whole nine yards, you need to start at the bottom and read backwards...

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bleeding Words

Well, the draft of the final draft is drafted! One of the requirements was to lose about 8 pages of script (which equates to 8 minutes of film, and a lot of setups which our budget may not bear). I managed to do that, but at some cost. Part way through I wrote to the director telling him I couldn't cut any more without hacking into my veins.

He replied that he was pleased I was going to be cutting my veins, as a little pain always helps the process! He also repeated the old adage that writing is simple - you just need to sit down and open a vein.

Anyway, we're heading toward lockdown. Notes to come back, a polish to complete, and then I can get back to production tasks. Trying to engineer a conversation with the NZ Film Commission, but not getting very far at the moment.

The other issue is casting the female lead - a great part for the right person. Gillies (director) is of the opinion we should be raising our sights and looking for a good international actor. Or maybe there's a NZ unknown just waiting somewhere...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment