The backstory and ongoing drama of the film, The Insatiable Moon, by screenwriter and producer Mike Riddell. For the whole nine yards, you need to start at the bottom and read backwards...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bread on the Waters

Yesterday I did one of those very difficult tasks - trawling my networks for potential investors. Like most people, I hate mixing friendship with money. But where else to start raising NZ$500k for this end of our equity investment?

Fortunately I had some very positive responses. I tried to phrase the covering email as gently and graciously as possible, and was surprised at some of the enthusiastic replies I had within hours of sending it out. Time will tell if these bear fruit in terms of investment.

I had one over-scrupulous lawyer who implied I might be in breach of securities commission regulations. Yada yada... Fortunately we have NZ's leading film attorney representing us, so no concerns there.

Being a producer is about making decisions - many of them difficult. It's also, as one of my friends says, about not looking down! Anyone who has seen Man On Wire will appreciate this sage advice.

A mad scramble today trying to get a final copy of a doco I produced ready to screen in Dunedin this weekend. My friend and sound man missed the courier last night, and so his son is driving the soundtrack down from Auckland!

Ah the life of making films...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment